The Greater Charlotte Swim League recently put out their COVID-19 protocols for the 2021 swim season. Due to the complexity of navigating pool capacity limits, in-person versus virtual meets, and pool safety, Fairmeadows has elected to sit out this season. Our hope is to rejoin next season. Until then we have put together a Swim Camp similar to last year.
We are thrilled to welcome Julie Crenshaw to lead the swim camp. Julie has been teaching swim lessons for over 25 years starting at the Simmons YMCA and moving to the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center for the majority of her instructing years. Julie will also be offering a stroke clinic and private swim lessons throughout the 2021 season.
Assisting Coach Julie will be Lina Herran. Lina has helped us in previous years and is one of our Fairmeadows life guards.
Swim Team Camp Information:
- Dates: June 1st – June 25th
- The mock meet being held June 24
- Cost: $125 per swimmer
- To register for the Swim Team Camp please log into your account here. Please sign up for a Swim Team membership for each child that is participating.
The swim camp schedule is as follows:
June 1 – June 11th
- All Campers should arrive 10min before their Swim Time
- Shrimpers (5-6 year old): 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- 7 – 8 year old: 3:40 – 4:15 p.m.
- 9 & up: 4:20 – 4:55 p.m.
June 14 – June 25
- All Campers should arrive 10min before their swim time
- Shrimpers (5-6 year old): 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
- 7 – 8 year old: 8:40 – 9:15 a.m.
- 9 & up: 9:20 – 9:55 a.m.
Stroke Clinic Dates: July 12 – July 23
- Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 8:45am
- Cost: $90 per swimmer
- We will work on breaking down all four strokes (free, back, breast, fly) with drills working towards improvements in all the strokes along with practicing starts and diving. Flip turns with be introduced if not already known. Everyone’s skill level will be taken into account and instructed accordingly. Swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool proficiently.
- To register for the Swim Clinic please email firstname.lastname@example.org.